Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to School, Back to School.....


Man, real life set in hard this week. I had a ton of homework that I was suppose to do over the break, but hey it's a break right. So I had to stay up till 2am doing homework monday night. On tuesday I was very tired and still had an unreasonable amount of work to do, so I was a bit grumpy to say the least. I e-mailed a class mate to make sure I hadn't missed anything on monday when I left class on time (my professor loves to go over and I have to walk across campus to get to my next class.) He said that instead of the 14 or so 'suggested' problems that we were suppose to do over the break, he was just having us turn in the 3 'required' problems. So my work load went from outrageous to laughable. It's funny how we get all worked up over nothing isn't it? Well, my attitude got much better and wound up spending a pleasant evening with my fantastic wife. The one thing that I miss about not having kids is being able to spend time with Sarah. I did like to do whatever I wanted to on my few days off, but that's not that big of a deal. The problem is that even when Sarah and I are home at the same time, there is another person pulling for our attention. Luckily that person is also a reminder of how much we love each other, so I'll let it slide I guess. All jokes aside, I have been blessed so very much by having Sarah in my life. For those of you who don't know her well; she is very bright, beautiful, extremely responsible, always does whatever it takes to get things done, and best of all she loves me. Even when I've ticked her off a bit, I still know that she loves me. I'm not sure why she does, but it's awesome. On a practical note, I'm not always very good at being extremely responsible, but Sarah has helped me become much better in that respect. And I like to think that I've helped her loosen up a bit and not take things too seriously.
Well, baby's up and I better run.
charlie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that husband wife dynamic sounds familiar! :)
Don't worry, once you are out of that first year, your evenings will be your own again. It's always a shock when we add one to the crew how we lose lots of time together. But its only for a season and once they are read to and down to be at 7:30 it'll be party time again! Missed seeing fam at Easter and am looking forward to hogging your sis this weekend!

James Lee Younger III said...

dang, dylan is rocking out in that seat-thing!