Monday, August 23, 2010

Home


So, I (Sarah) haven't written in awhile b/c it's been a bit busy with the move and I'm convinced that Charlie is just more funny - and funny and pictures is really what everyone wants, right? However, I do want you to know that I am using precious naptime to give a shout out to you.

I must say that Texas does not feel like home yet and I was wondering today how long it takes to get that feeling. I am enjoying our new house, the dry weather, new friends and of course my sweet family. However, I still feel a little out of place. The comfortable relationships we left in TN are definitely lacking. There is a longing for familiarity. So, when that feeling crept over me today as I sat in a rocking chair with a sleeping Penny - I of course thought of how this little earth is really not my home at all anyway; and, the way that I miss TN right now is really me longing to be in my true home - in Heaven with Jesus.



Dylan is the champ of the potty. We started about 3 weeks ago and she really hasn't missed a beat. I can't believe how big she is getting - when she swings on the big girl swing in our back yard I am so amazed and bewildered that she will be 3 at the end of this year. Penny is speed crawling, pulling up everywhere, walking with assistance and even standing on her own every once in awhile. I think she is working on some top teeth lately b/c sleep isn't exactly her forte at the moment.

Here are some pics to keep you coming back.

--Sarah



No comments: