Thursday, February 18, 2010

I don't want to



So, Dylan is now able to express quite a few opinions in words now - and does so quite frequently. It is nice to hear that she has formed opinions of her own, but when there's not an option for opinion - such as dinner or taking a nap - it makes life a little more difficult. The last few days she has started looking at the books on the bookshelf in our my and Charlie's bedroom. She pulled off a few Harry Potter books from the shelf and quickly pointed to a picture of Dumbledore (on book 6). She said "da" (meaning "that?") and I said "Dumbledore." She quickly replied "like him" and shook her head, which of course means I don't like him. I tried to explain that he is actually a good guy, but much to Charlie's dismay I am sure, she insisted that she in fact does not like him. But, on the bright side, she did point to Darth Vader on a Star Wars book and declared that she also did not like him. She then proceeded to read many of these stories - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and some Star Wars book - to Annie (my parent's dog) and to Ballerina Mouse. Ah, storytime. We have storytime at least once a day with Naboo and Fozzy. This basically entails Dylan declaring that it is storytime as she herds all of us - Boo, Fozzy, Penny and me - into a small room and proceeds to flip through numerous books.

Penny has started blowing bubbles and sucking in her top lip - both rather amusing activities to watch. She takes blowing bubbles pretty serious - like it's an olympic sport or something.

Well, Penny is wrapped up on me as a write this. Apparently, napping alone is overrated. Here are some recent pics.

No comments: